Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Life in Loubies by Erica Negi - in review: Part 1





It was by chance I met Erica Negi on Twitter. My first intereaction was when I made a comment on a photo she took of a shoe as she asked her followers if they thought it would go with a certain style dress. She answered quickly like a friend, as I quickly found out she is to everybody who comes in contact with her. As you come to know her, she bleds fashion. After a few weeks of discussions (some in French) I got to see beyond the surface to what a fantastic golden, hearted, first class, human being she is.








Regrettfully it took me a few extra weeks to break down before buying her book, My Life in Loubies, but once I got my hand on that paperback I could not put it down. I read page after page the story of Vanessa, a New Yorker, struggling with life and finding satisfaction in trying to raise a little one, find love, coping with the past, all while trying not to stumble in her Louboutins in the now. It is every woman's journey in trying to find a deeper spiritual meaning to life as it seems sometimes you just give and give, getting very little in return. You have to love Vanessa's realness as she tries to full-fill her passions through shoes, who hasn't done that? Erica's book is a relevant piece of fiction that speaks to every women. (especially anyone who is a fan of the Real Housewives of NYC or Sex and the City) She is my favorite author so this is only part one of my series on her. (stay-tuned)








If you have not picked up this must read you can do it through Amazon.com. It is the best $12 you will spend and if you have a kindle best $7 you will spend. You can always find Erica on twitter @MyLifeinLoubies.

No comments:

Post a Comment